Make Self Compassion Your Superpower with Dr. Ellen AlbertsonWendy Green
Dr. Ellen Albertson's journey of self-compassion, from a self-critical perfectionist to a self-loving friend, is a powerful motivator for sustainable self-compassion and managing stress.
Are you tired of being told to just be positive or toughen up when it comes to your self-compassion? Do you feel like you're constantly fighting against negative self-talk and struggling to find inner peace? It's time to try a new approach. Join our episode to discover how to cultivate self-compassion through mindfulness, gratitude, and positive self-talk.
Don't let the pain of ineffective actions hold you back any longer - take control of your well-being today! When you love yourself, you stop doing those things that insult your soul.
My special guest is Dr. Ellen Albertson
Dr. Ellen Albertson is an accomplished psychologist, registered dietitian, health and wellness coach, podcaster, Reiki master, and self-compassion teacher. Driven by her passion for helping women thrive in midlife, she is known as the Midlife Whisperer. Dr. Ellen is a bestselling author, engaging speaker, and women's well-being expert. Join Wendy Green as she chats with Dr. Ellen about tips for making self-compassion your superpower!
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Embrace self-kindness and mindfulness as key components of self-compassion.
- Experience a simple exercise in self-compassion
- Unlock the power of mindfulness for stress reduction, focus, and emotional regulation.
- Redefine your mindset by reframing negative thoughts with gratitude and positive self-talk.
This is Dr. Ellen Albertson's story:
With self-compassion as her superpower, Dr. Ellen Albertson began to see the value in offering kindness and understanding to herself in moments of struggle. As she embraced this new mindset, she noticed that self-compassion had a profound impact on her life, boosting her well-being and guiding her towards healthier habits. By replacing her self-critical thoughts with gentle support, Ellen found herself better equipped to handle life's challenges, be they personal or professional. Her self-compassion journey has not only benefited her but has also inspired countless others to find their own path to self-love, demonstrating the undeniable power of treating oneself with kindness and empathy.
The categories Dr. Ellen mentioned for capturing Self-compassion ideas were:
- Body (massage, walk, yoga...)
- Mind (meditate, journal, coaching...)
- Heart (music, essential oils...)
- Spirit (read, prayer, community...)
- Relationship (who can you turn to?)
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
Email Wendy at [email protected] (get the link to the Boomer Banter)
Check out Dr. Ellen Albertson's latest book, Rock Your Midlife: 7 Steps to Transform Yourself and Make Your Next Chapter Your Best Chapter.
Learn more about Dr. Ellen Albertson's work and services on her website, https://themidlifewhisperer.com
or email Dr. Ellen at drellenalbertson.com.
Her podcast, Rock Your Midlife, is available on any podcast player
Follow Hey, Boomer on Facebook, LinkedIn and
Please Select A Playlist
Add New Playlist
- Embed How to use?
- Copy Link
Embed: Love & Light EP
Custom Size :
- HTML/HTML5 (WordPress Supported)
Congratulations! You have successfully activated Boomplay 1 Month Premium.
Please check your balance and then try again.
Payment is being processed by . Please wait while the order is being comfirmed.
- Completed: Your order has been successfully paid.
- Cancelled: Your expired order will turn to "Cancelled".
- Failed: Your order was not successfully processed due to payment error.
- Processing: Your order is processing, and it may take a few days for the service provider to handle your payment. Once it notifies us the payment result, we will change the status of the order.